August 21, 2008

Breaking Dawn








Yes, I was one of the people that stayed up until midnight to get the new book in the Twilight series.  Clay was out of town so I decided to spend the night at my parents house. How convenient to have a baby sitter handy that weekend.  So off at midnight I went to get the book, I thought it would be fun and I want to see really how many people would go get the book. I really did not want to go by myself so I made my little bro Patrick tag along with me. He was not to happy about this mainly because mostly girls read this kind of book and he is not to big of a fan of the book store. But he went along with it for the ride and hey he was up doing nothing any way right. Patrick and I saw that the parking lot was pretty full this was getting excited. As we entered Barns and Noble I had to check in and get a wrist band I was number 283.  Ok so I was in the back of the line almost dead last.  It was five minutes until midnight not to long to wait in line so I thought we would wait it out.  A half an hour later the line still was not moving. I was getting tired of waiting and then it hit me Walmart should have the book too. Patrick was all to happy to get out of line so I took a risk and headed to Walmart. 
No line at this store I was in and out of the store in less then ten minutes flat. The funny things is Walmart and Barns and Noble are in the same shopping center.  So all of the ladies at Barns and Noble had to wait longer in line and on top that they had to pay $6.oo dollars more for the same book.  Walmart worked for me.
This month all I have done is read Breaking Dawn in my free time. The book is about 700 pages so it is definitely going to be awhile before I finish this one. Plus I love to just read a little each day so I have something to look forward too.  Silly but I enjoy the end of my day when I get to read and have no interruptions from my little ones. Just thinking about it gets me all pumped to read it.
I am reading Breaking Dawn, it is taking over my free time well all my time.  I have to finish it but at the same time I don't want it to end.  Because then what am I going to read next?

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I finished Breaking Dawn two days ago. I'm so lost without something to read. I did enjoy the series but now that I know that she writes for teens, I'm disappointed her. Especially, since she's a BYU grad and all. Romance a little cheesy too, but all in all, I'm glad I read it and had something to escape to. I will be watching the movies...probably when they are out on DVD.

mph said...

I can't believe how much those books just sucked me in!